August 14, 2012

velvet explosion

I finally made the cupcakes I've been wanting to make since the 4th of July.  I got this cake mix with the intentions of baking cupcakes with pop rocks on top for our nation's birthday, but alas, it was much too hot in our apartment to even dream of turning the oven on.

Now that the weather's cooled, and we are settled a bit in our house (that's air conditioned, but not currently needed), I decided to finally whip these up.  I used a method I learned from Pinterest, which I've done once before, using Greek yogurt and water as the only additions to the cake mix.  It makes for a super moist, and healthy(er) cake! 



All you do is add 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt, and 1 cup of water to a cake mix, whisk until just combined, and bake according to the box.
Super easy and delicious!





these were gobbled up quickly by loved ones as we celebrated my nieces 2nd birthday.  (I think I said 3rd earlier; my bad!  No need to rush time!)


2 comments:

  1. Yum! The option with the yogurt sounds interesting. Does it change the flavor at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They're really good! And it doesn't change that flavor that I can notice at all. I just used plain, but I'm sure vanilla would be good as well and maybe add a touch more sweetness. :)

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!