August 26, 2012

summer sangria

This was my first time ever making a sangria.  For some reason I was just really craving one; it sounded like such a good drink to enjoy out in our yard.  I used a combination of two recipes I found on Pinterest, along with throwing in a few items of our own (you can find them here and here).
 
 
This is what I put in mine:
2 lemons
1 apple
2 peaches
bunch of grapes split in half
1 lime
1 bottle of white wine
1/2 cup of white rum
lemon lime soda
 
 
Cut up all of your fruit, and place it in the pitcher.  Pour the white wine over the fruit, cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
 
Put some of the fruit from the pitcher into your glass, and fill your glass a little over half full with soda.  Top it off with the sangria, and you're good to go.  You can use less soda if you like, it's just a bit too boozy for my taste with less...
 
The reason you don't add the soda to the pitcher, is it would go flat if you're not using it all right away, so it's best to just add as you drink.
 
viola!  tasty, tasty summer drink. :) 

1 comment:

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!