August 21, 2012

green smoothie #1


Green smoothies seem to be all the rage right now; I see them on Pinterest, and all over blogs.  I keep avoiding them, thinking "That looks disgusting," and "I'm not going on some crazy diet."  Well, the more I hear about them, makes me want to try them.  I'm not going on a diet or anything, they just sound so darn good for you, and people claim that they taste good.  Let's face it, they look horrendous, and if I had to judge based solely on looks, I would not drink one. 

All in all, I decided to jump on this band wagon and give it a go.  I really didn't have a flavor combo in mind, or some special recipe, I just threw in a bunch of different stuff, excited to try my first smoothie. 


I'm excited to try again soon, and actually come up with more of a planned out flavor theme.  This one actually ended up being good!  I made two of them; one for Mike and one for myself for lunch one day, and we sipped them out in front of our house between Mike working on getting our "new" mower to work.  (Again, thank you Grandma!  People have been so generous in giving to us to help us out with our new home.)


Okay, so you've gotta admit that does not look appetizing, right?!  If you just close your eyes, or think about something else while you drink, it's really good!  It was a bit chunky still, and could have probably been blended for a bit longer.  I don't know if it's possible to get it completely smooth or not...


What's in my smoothie, you ask?  Well, let me tell you!
(no precise measurements, just kinda thrown in)

lots of spinach
1 peach
1/2 mango
good size chunk of cucumber (1/4 cup?)
1 carrot
small handful of blueberries
1/2 cup red orange juice
a few squirts of honey

I've gotta run to work now!  Have any of you tired a green smoothie?  If so, what did you think, and what did you put in it?  I need more ideas! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yumm! These look so good, I absolutely adore smoothies. I'm going to have to give this a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thanks! they were good! let me know if you try them, and what you think/ put in them. :) I'm checking out your blog by the way, and I love it! keep in touch!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!