August 28, 2012

butternut sqaush pizza

My wonderful parents subscribe me to an amazing magazine, Vegetarian Times.  All the girls in my family get some sort of recipe subscription, and when I turned veg. a few years ago (three??  I can't remember!), they switched me over to this mag. so I have more options while cooking.
 
 
The latest issue has this great recipe in it for butternut squash pizza.  It was awarded the VT's 2012 Reader Recipe Contest.  I happened to have a squash on hand, from a recipe I hadn't gotten around to making, so it was the perfect opportunity to use it making this pizza.  Swing over to their website to get the recipe.
 
 
the verdict?  ...I loved it!
 
I would definitely recommend giving this recipe a shot.  There are very few ingredients, and it's so so tasty and good for you at the same time!
 
 
 

Hope you all have a pleasant Tuesday!  What's on the menu for tonight?

8 comments:

  1. Chicken Salad (sorry, not veg:=))with green grapes, pecans, celery, Hellman's REAL mayo, and whatever else I throw in, on croissants. A great cool summer dinner.

    Will have to try the pizza sometime!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds good! I miss chicken salad sandwiches...I'm sure there's a veg. option out there, I just haven't looked for one yet!

      Delete
  2. Could you make this into one big pizza with your own wholegrain crust? Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks good! I just discovered your blog, I think I will become a regular reader. I like down-to-earth bloggers, like you!

    -Ariel
    secretsoftheforest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why thank you so much! I'm glad you like it, and happy to have you!!

      Delete
    2. p.s.~ I'm def. going to be checking out your blog as well, it looks right up my alley! very nice. :)

      Delete
  4. You're welcome. I think I'm gonna attempt this recipe tonight since I have a lot of squash from my mom's garden I need to use up! We used to get vegetarian times too, although I was never able to try every recipe due to lack of ingredients. Thank you for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!