July 02, 2012

what's in my wardrobe- birds and the bees

My lack of post yesterday was due to a failed (well, not exactly failed) recipe.  I just didn't feel right sharing it if I did not love it, so my plans went askew.  I made those baked s'mores that I shared in a Friday Finds post a while back, hoping for more of a wow effect.  They are good, just not great.  And the fact that Mike doesn't like them, leaves me with the entire 8x8 pan to myself.  Let's just say I'm over them. :) 

I think the thing about them that I'm not crazy about is the crust; it's soft a bit soggy, and I like mine with a crunch.  Give them a shot though if you think you might like them, they really aren't terrible. :)

Anyhoo, this outfit post wasn't exactly planned either, it kind of just happend.  I put these things on, and head out for work a few days ago.  While at work, it dawned on me that I was wearing a bird shirt, and a bee necklace.....the birds and the bees....immature, I know, but it seriously cracked me up.  Maybe because I get so bored at work that any little thing seems so funny at the time.  :)
I still think it's funny though.  So, when I came home for lunch, I had Mike snap a few photos.




gotta get some Yoda lovin' time in!


How do you like my super cute watch?  I got it out of the lost and found at work. :/
I know, I feel kind of bad knowing I'm wearing some little kid's lost watch from Taco Bell.  Eventually though, all the lost and found gets thrown away, so I'm starting to put little notes on things to claim them before they meet their ultimate demise.
I still feel kind of guilty....tell me I'm not a bad person please.
(last night I brought home an umbrella and a glasses case...)



outfit details:
shirt- thrifted
necklace- made it
headband- made it
watch- lost and found
earrings- thrifted
(not pictured: I am wearing pants in this photo,
but they're just jeans from who knows where...:)


I'm looking forward to the 4th of July!  It's one of my favorite holidays!  I don't have many plans, but I believe them to include cupcakes, fireworks, painted nails, and time with my wonderful husband!
What are your plans?



8 comments:

  1. Love your outfit and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...your picture with Yoda made me melt...so sweet! Your birds & bees theme cracked me up, and the watch?...I think I lost one just like that at Lowe's...and a glasses case & an umbrella...lol!

    Congrats on the HOUSE!!!! WOO-HOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom! I love my Yoders! I'll return your lost items next time I see you. :)

      Delete
  3. Um, I think the accidental birds & bees thing is hilarious, too, so I guess that means I also am immature. Haha. Love the outfit/watch/etc. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your headband!! SO cute. I might have to make one for myself.

    Thanks for stopping by Gypsy in Jasper... and for putting my button up. You're awesome.

    Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I love reading your blog, so thanks for the button!
    Gotta learn how to make some myself; still new at this blog stuff, and a bit computer stupid. :) I'll learn!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!