July 09, 2012

let's wine- coolness in a bottle

I'm almost a 100% dry red wine drinker.  I love my reds.  Occasionally I'll venture out and have a white, but not often.  With the heat we've been having lately though, Mike picked up this white for a nice light change.  It was nice to be able to chill a wine, and have a refreshing drink.

This is from Founder's Wine Cellar, a local winery we visited for the first time about two years ago.  If you're ever in the area, you should stop by for a tasting.  We had so much fun with our friends, and the staff that works there is so nice and hilarious!  They even remembered us when we visited a year later!  I love it when they interact with you while tasting, it makes it so much more personal and fun.




From our sips together, this is what Mike and I got from the flavors in this wine:
It has a grape forward, very sweet, with tropical fruit notes in the middle, and a tart citrus finish. 
"It tastes like summer!" to quote Michael. :)  All in all, very good.



I keep procrastinating, and must start packing before the morning slips away!  How are you spending your day?

4 comments:

  1. Had a sweet time of prayer with friends from 8-10a.m. Then ventured out into my garden to see what has transpired through the heat wave...anyone need zucchini?!! :) Raspberries are popping, along with cukes, tomatoes, beans, etc. I have to say, the timer that turned the sprinkler on each morning for me was well worth it!

    Holler when you need help moving! We are so excited for you kiddos!

    ~mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, your garden looks so good! I'm so glad you're growing it and having fun with it! Wow! I don't need any zucchini right now; we're waiting to buy any food until after we move, and living on sandwiches, cereal and frozen pizzas right now! :)

      I think we're going to try and move on Friday, around 3:30pm...that's our tentative plan right now. If you guys can and want to make it out that'd be great! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. This is Steve's favorite white whine! I cant wait to come back and have a glass of whine with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me toooo! can't wait for your return!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!