July 30, 2012

avacado bacon grilled cheese

I saw the idea for this sandwich back in January on Delightfully Tacky's blog.  Since then, Mike and I have probably had it 4-5 times.  It's sooo delicious!  I love following Elizabeth's blog, you should definitely swing by and check it out!  She's an amazing fashion blogger who's originally from Alaska, currently living in Tacoma, WA.

Anyhow, you can really make this sandwich in a variety of ways, depending on your taste preferences, and what you have on hand.  I've been making mine with two kinds of cheese: mozzarella and provolone, but feel free to mix it up!

The first thing to do is cook some bacon (fake bacon in this household!), and set it aside to cool while you mash up an avocado or two (this particular time I used two avocados, and had a little bit too much for making two sandwiches).  Four slices of bacon was perfect.

Once you squish the avocado up enough for your liking, crumble the bacon into it and mix it up!  Butter some bread (I used hamburger buns, because that's what we had) and spread on your avocado mixture, layer on some cheese, and grill it up!


So, so good!  The bacon mixed with the avocado, and the gooey melty cheese is the perfect combination!  Have you tried any sort of the this recipe at all?  Share your combinations in the comments below!


Since last year, I've been dying to try the seasonal beer "Strawberry Short's Cake" by Shorts Brewing Company in Bellaire, MI.  I thought about it too long though, and by the time I really wanted to try it, it was nowhere to be found.  This year Mike snatched some up for me at first sight, and I love it!  If you have a chance to get some, you should!  Such a great fruity, summer beer.

It's back to work today for Mike and I. :(  We could both use another week at least of vacation, it went by too fast...I'm going to try to get a few things done around the house before I have to head in.

have a good day!

3 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' anything w/ avacados...will be trying this soon with turkey bacon! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna try that bacon avocado thing! Sounds great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're soooo good! now I'm craving one for lunch!

      Delete

thanks for the comments; I love hearing from you!